Station:  Frickenmühle (Mill), Frickentalstrasse 13
F: The listed mill known as Frickenmühle wasn’t powered by the Vorbach like the other mills, but by the water of the Schlossbach – the castle brook. It’s still connected to that watercourse via a mill race and an overshot water wheel.
M: An overshot wheel has paddles, blades or buckets mounted on the wheel. The water is channelled to the apex of the wheel and falls into a series of closed compartments. The weight and impact of the water set the wheel in motion.
F: This property has been owned by the Ziegler family since 1764. Their coat of arms can be seen on the wall facing the street. However, the mill operation was discontinued many years ago.
Fotos: © Trüpschuch