Who is allowed to register?
At the moment, only museum employees or authorized representatives who are authorized to maintain data for the museum are allowed to register. museum.de is intended for real museums only. Please refrain from registering virtual museums!
Are there any costs for museums to participate in museum.de?
There are no costs for museums. All data, news, events and albums are free of charge.
Optionally, you can take advantage of further offers for your museum on our website and in our publications.
What is the connection between the website and the museum.de app?
You maintain your master data, news, dates and image galleries via the protected area of museum.de. The content is published both on the public pages of the website and via the app.
How much training and prior knowledge is required for data maintenance?
The system is designed to be clear and user-friendly. You do not need any special knowledge for data maintenance. If you have a text and a picture available for an exhibition, it will take you about 2 minutes including the login to create a new appointment at museum.de.
What is the first step to participate as a museum in the free offer?
1. register as a member at http://www.museum.de/register
2. after that you will receive an e-mail with a link for confirmation.
3. now you can log in at http://www.museum.de/login
4. on the right side click on "application for administration of a museum
5. use the search field there to check if your museum is already registered in the system to avoid a duplicate record for your house.
6. accordingly, then select "Museum is listed" or "Museum is not listed" on the left for a new entry.
7. finally, you will receive an e-mail with the request to send us a printed matter (business card or similar) that identifies you as an authorized museum employee. An e-mail from museum.de will then inform you that you can enter the museum information via the user account you have created.
Can I create audio guides?
Audioguides are offered in two variants.
1. premium audioguides are designed by us and produced in cooperation with professional narrators.
2. audio guide hosting includes the use of the museum.de platform. Here you then maintain your audio tracks, images and text independently. Or you can commission us.
Please send us a non-binding request, we will be happy to advise you.
I can't log in, what can I do?
If you have only forgotten your password, you can reset it using the "Forgotten password" function. You will then receive an email with a link to reset it.
If the e-mail address for your account is no longer valid, please write to our support ( support(ät)museum.de ) informally. Include the name of the museum you work for and ideally an official email address. Otherwise we need a proof that you are authorized to work for this museum.