Station: [04] Morgenstern cabinet

The building itself forms an important exhibit on the Staufer Age. The semi-circular Staufer Chapel was built just after 1200 at the east wall of the residential and fortified tower, erected but a little earlier. Access was through the surviving corridor from the hall in the palace building. The chapel now houses the “Morgenstern‘ sche Miniaturkabinett”. The three painters and restorers worked back in the days of architect Rudolf Burnitz, who rediscovered the Saalhof and its chapel around 1841 and converted them.