M: Previously a gym, now a town hall – the "Alte Turnhalle", or Old Gym, has always been a place where people have come together.
F: The gym was built in 1912 by the Niederstetten gymnastics club, which had been founded half a century earlier. Niederstetten folk must have been very athletic even then, because the club soon had a great many paying members. Thanks to the fees from all its many supporters and quite a few donations, the club was able to build the gym during the years prior to the First World War.
M: The "Turnverein Niederstetten 1862 e.V." is a registered gymnastics association founded in 1862, as its name proudly proclaims. It has since moved to a larger sports facility in Oberstetter Strasse.
F: The Old Gym was completely renovated in 1999 and now houses a function room measuring 360 square metres or almost 3,900 square feet. The room has a stage and is equipped with the latest technology. Since its refurbishment, the building has hosted major events and is regarded as Niederstetten's "Parlour".
M: The complex also includes a bar in the old South Tower, to the left of the Old Gym.
Fotos: © Trüpschuch